School of Health and Human Services
The School of Health and Human Services provides undergraduate and graduate education opportunities. Course work is offered both in a traditional classroom and online formats. The Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration (A.A.), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) are awarded in the School of Health and Human Services. Other Masters and doctoral degrees are awarded jointly with other Schools at the University of Riverside.
The School of Health and human Services provides effective educational programs primarily directed to employed professionals, highly motivated men and women who have the sincere desire to increase their job security, to improve their career prospects, and to accelerate their personal development without leaving their present jobs, through an independent study program as well as traditional class and online delivery formats. The main objectives of the School of Health and Human Services are:
- Each student will seek a mastery of basic tools and skills and an understanding of fundamental processes employed by Health and Human Services organizations.
- Each student will seek to understand the role and responsibilities of administrators in Health and Human Services organizations.
- Each student will seek a level of educational achievement such that he/she can then positive impact in society.
- Each student will seek to understand the total functioning of an organization as it pertains to making necessary changes for proper organizational development and expansion.
- Each student, in his/her career at the University of Riverside, will commence a process of continual educational growth such that he/she can apply the most contemporary, and scientific, approaches towards the increased efficiently and overall betterment of his/her organization.