School of Education
The School of Education provides graduate education opportunities. Course work is offered both in a traditional classroom and online formats. The Master of Science, Doctor of Education (Ed.D), and Doctoral of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees are awarded in the School of Education. The Master of Science degree (M.S.) provides a strong background in theory and teaching skills for the student who plans to advance career in teaching. It offers students who have not yet decided on doctoral program the opportunity to determine whether they have the interest and skills required. The Doctoral Degrees (Ph.D.) and (Ed.D) are designed to prepare students to do professional research in their areas of concentration complete the program in approximately three years. The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree is designed for practitioners in education. Studentsí participation in faculty research programs to gain experience in applying concepts and techniques is considered an integral part of their training.
The School of Education provides effective educational programs primarily directed to employed teachers and administrators, highly motivated men and women who have the sincere desire to increase their job security, to improve their career prospects, and to accelerate their personal development without leaving their present jobs, through an independent study program as well as traditional class and online delivery formats. The main objectives of the School of Education are:
- Each student will seek a mastery of basic education tools and skills and an understanding of fundamental educational processes.
- Each student will seek to understand the role and responsibilities of administrators in the educational environment.
- Each student will seek a level of educational achievement such that he/she can then positive impact in education.
- Each student will seek to understand the total functioning of an educational organization as it pertains to making necessary changes for proper organizational development and expansion.
- Each student, in his/her career at the University of Riverside, will commence a process of continual educational growth such that he/she can apply the most contemporary, and scientific, approaches towards the increased efficiently and overall betterment of his/her organization.